Weather in January in Sudbury, Ontario
|| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Min/ Low Temperature °C ( °F)
|Normal Precipitation mm (in)
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Mean Sunlight Hours/ Day
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Percentage of Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
- In January the variation/ range of daily mean temperatures is 10.2 °C (18.4 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very cold with an average low of -18.7 °C (-1.7 °F).
- The heavens above Sudbury, Ontario are very dim with on average only 2:09 of blazing sunshine per day.
- It is sunny approximately 24.5% of daylight hours and cloudy 75.5% of daylight hours.
- The shortest day is 8:37 long and the longest day is 9:32 long with an average length of 9:00.
- The weather in January is marginally dry with occasional snow. Only 60.3mm (2.4in) of fluid tumbles across an average of 13 days.
- There are approximately 6:39 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- Afternoons can be cold with average high temperatures reaching -8.5 °C (16.7 °F).
- The mean temperature in Sudbury, Ontario is very cold at -13.5 °C ( 7.7 °F).
Weather Trend Graph for January in Sudbury, Ontario, canada
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Sudbury, Ontario:
- Timmins, On, Canada - 220.5 kms (137 miles) N
- Comfort Cove, Nf, Canada - 219.4 kms (136.3 miles) NNW
- Nicholson Peninsula, Nt, Canada - 159 kms (98.8 miles) WSW
- Gore Bay, On, Canada - 159.4 kms (99 miles) WSW
- Wiarton, On, Canada - 210.3 kms (130.7 miles) S